As the president of OneAmerica’s Board of Directors, I am passionate about our work and committed to using this moment to protect and empower our communities. Every member of the OneAmerica board has stepped up to make an extra gift during the past month.
There is much to do going into next year!
Right now, there are several key areas where your support can make an immediate impact. Your donation today will allow OneAmerica to provide:
- Know Your Rights trainings across the state, starting this month and continuing through 2017. These multi-lingual community workshops help immigrants and refugees to know exactly what actions to take when it comes to immigration status, keeping their families safe, responding to hate crimes, and dealing with bullying. We will also train community members to deliver Know Your Rights trainings in their own communities, while we double down on our naturalization program in Washington State.
- Organizing efforts in immigrant and refugee communities and with key allies to build a groundswell of support at the local and state level, in neighborhoods and in schools, through actions and policies that will send a strong message that All Are Welcome in Washington State.
- A strategic communications and storytelling campaign centering the stories of immigrants and their families, our resilience, and our determination. We will push back on the national political climate, while we lift up the contributions of immigrants to our economy, our culture, our communities, and our future.
Your support in the past has brought OneAmerica to a place of strength and power, and for that, we are so thankful. Right now, we ask you to once again step up and stand with us – like my fellow board members and other community supporters – to donate and strengthen our work in 2017.
Thank you for being a member of the OneAmerica community. Let’s get to work!
With endless gratitude and in solidarity,
President, OneAmerica Board of Directors
While the fear in our communities is real, so is the courage and resilience of our members, board, staff, and leaders. We are inspired by the outpouring of donations and loving support we received after the election. Discover why board members and supporters gave extra gifts this year:
"As the gap between the haves and have nots in our society widens, it becomes even more important that the immigrant and refugee communities we serve have a voice in advocating on the many issues which affect their lives now and in the future.
I’m committed, as a volunteer, as an attorney in citizenship and immigration clinics, and through serving on the board of OneAmerica, to both being active in this work and supporting it financially."
—Chris Helm, OneAmerica Board Member
Here are some hopeful dedications that returning and new donors provided when completing the prompt: "I would like to make this donation in honor of..."
- Those looking for hope
- Everyone in detention centers
- The Statue of Liberty
- The diverse people of Washington State
- All of my immigrant neighbors!
Your gift to OneAmerica will help us protect and build power together in our communities. Thank you!
We also welcome contributions through whatever method is most convenient for you. To ask a question or donate by phone: Please call Robin Engle, Development Director at (206) 723-2203.
To donate by mail, please send checks to:
1225 S. Weller Street, Suite 430
Seattle, WA 98144
OneAmerica is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Please note: donations are not refundable.
- What We Do
- Contact Us
- Work & Volunteer
- National Affiliations
- About the Web Site
- How Do I?
- Immigration Reform
- Immigrant Integration
- State and Local Policy
- Education Policy
- English Innovations
- Racial Profiling
- Research & Reports
- Administrative Relief
- Environmental Justice
- Take Action
- For Media
- Annual Celebration