Washington State has seen an extraordinary amount of public support of comprehensive immigration reform from various government officials and esteemed members of the Asian Pacific Islander community.
1. Senators Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell sent letters to President Obama stressing the importance and urgency of passing comprehensive immigration reform, making Washington State the first to have both Senators commit to pushing for reform.
2. The Seattle City Council voted unanimously to pass Resolution 31193  supporting comprehensive immigration reform. This resolution reiterates Washington State’s commitment to fully integrate immigrants into the community in a meaningful way.
3. Members of the Washington State Legislature signed a letter directed to Senators Murray and Cantwell urging them to ask Senator Shumer to introduce a bill for comprehensive immigration reform as soon as possible.
4. King County Executive Dow Constantine wrote letters to both Senators Murray and Cantwell urging both to work toward a comprehensive immigration reform bill in the Senate.
5. Members of the Asian Pacific Islander Coalition also sent a letter to Senators Murray and Cantwell stressing the importance of comprehensive immigration reform to the Asian American communities in Washington State.
6. Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn wrote letters to Senators Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell as well.