OneAmerica is hiring! Check out these positions and become a part of the movement.
Founded in the wake of September 11, 2001, OneAmerica (formerly Hate Free Zone) has grown to become a regional and nationally recognized leader in advancing immigrant, civil and human rights. The success of our work has spurred a period of tremendous organizational growth, expanding from primarily volunteers to a staff of 19 with additional growth projected. Successful candidates for the following positions will be people who are excited by the opportunity to contribute their strong leadership and commitment to social justice to a growing team.
To be eligible for an internship with OneAmerica, an applicant must work a total of 70 hours over two months. However, some internships may be specific to a certain program or project and the time commitment may vary. The position is located in Seattle, Washington, but opportunities may emerge in other areas of Washington State. All internships are unpaid. All interns will have one staff supervisor on site. Work will likely involve immersion in one department or with a specific project, but an applicant may be asked to assist with multiple projects across departments.
Once we receive an application we will determine which department and/or project best aligns with an applicant’s skills and goals. For this reason, please be thorough when filling out the application.
What We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrated commitment to fighting for social, racial and economic justice
- Clear dedication to immigrant advocacy
- Experience working with a diverse environment community
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to be a self‐starter, prioritizing and handling multiple, complex tasks simultaneously
- Strong personal management skills and flexibility
- Comfort with basic technology including email, Excel, Word and database work
- An ability to work some weekends and evenings
General Volunteers: We consistently seek passionate advocates who want to give their time to the growing immigrant movement. To get involved, please contact Javier at 206.723.2203 or email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Recruit parents to be part of OneAmerica’s parent leadership cadre with a particular focus on Latino communities in Federal Way
· Maintain ongoing 1:1 relationships with each parent and build trust and leadership skills among parents
· Design and implement leadership and advocacy trainings to support parents in both navigating the early learning and K-12 education system and advocating for broader systems-change
· Work with community partners to build systems-level educational change at local and state levels, including developing strategies, engaging in dialogue to build an education system more inclusive of diverse families, including planning meetings, events, rallies, forums, etc.
- What We Do
- Contact Us
- Work & Volunteer
- National Affiliations
- About the Web Site
- How Do I?
- Immigration Reform
- Immigrant Integration
- State and Local Policy
- Education Policy
- English Innovations
- Racial Profiling
- Research & Reports
- Administrative Relief
- Environmental Justice
- Take Action
- For Media
- Annual Celebration